Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Michigan people
Thread: Michigan people
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #96618
06_infrared_zx4
Teddy_Ruxbin

Fan#: 91369
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 SES

Points 3,428, Level 36
Points: 3,428, Level: 36 Points: 3,428, Level: 36 Points: 3,428, Level: 36
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 4 06_infrared_zx4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Well technically its a transfer from one group in the company I was working for to another division, but its in a new location. It moves me out of doing pure design into engineering, with a little bit of design also.

It moves out of automotive design/ design engineering and into working on elements for amusement park rides or shows. It should be a lot more fun, even though it is more challenging, and I still need to talk with HR about why the groups are trying to call it a lateral move with no pay increase at the moment. That part I'm less amused with at the moment.

wow! Sounds exciting. I hope when I'm finished with my engineering degree I can find a sweet job like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
I'm working on that part, on one hand if there is a lot more over time it wouldn't hurt too much, but I would like to see an increase in pay for an increase in expected work (both in terms of skill/ knowledge required), as well as additional travel required as the new office is a good 15 miles or more further away.

There wasn't much opportunity for overtime in the old location though.
With more work I agree you should get a bump in pay. The extra distance kinda sucks, but at least it isn't much more.