So, I figured I'd post my review here for the FSWERKS ST exhaust:
The FSWERKS exhaust is a 3" stainless steal exhaust for Focus STs. It comes with all the necessary parts to install, minus the 3" downpipe that you should already have ;D. It comes with dual tips with the "FSWERKS" logo/text etched on the top. Also includes a Magnaflow muffler. All parts are clamped together; no welding necessary.
So, I decided I would do all the installation work myself. I don't have access to a lift so I made use of my ramps to get my car high enough to be able to crawl under it. This provided JUST enough room. It would have been a little easier if the car was lifted about 1 more inch. I had my ramps setup on the rear wheels. I had to use a jack to lift up the front driver side a couple of inches. I did not lift it up enough for the tire to come off the ground and I used a jackstand for extra safety. All this was necessary to get enough room to get it attached to the downpipe.
To get the stock exhaust out, I had to make a cut (pic above) right before the piping turns up to make its way through the suspension. Getting the stock piping removed was a bit difficult as my car was still too close to the ground. I eventually got it all out without having to raise the car up more.
While installing I ran into the same problem, I just didn't have enough room. Had to bend some of the heat shielding around to get all the pieces of the pipe situated where they needed to be.
When I finally got everything situated, all of the exhaust hangers attached, clamps snug, and tip positioned correctly, I began the final tightening of the clamps. I was using a smaller 12" long torque wrench to tighten the clamps. I seemed to not be able to get the clamps tightened enough. The 3rd pipe kept rotating within the 2nd pipe causing the end of the exhaust (tips) to hang low. I went to my local autoparts store to borrow a longer torque wrench so I could get more torque on them. I ended up overtorquing the clamp and sheering the bolt in half.
I take blame for this one, as when it sheered I had it at 110ft/lbs. So, I decided to take the clamp off of the tips and use it on the section of piping that I broke the clamp on. I started torquing it down again, and it sheered the bolt in half at 70ft/lbs! I think I uttered every explicit word I know of. So, I went to the local autoparts store to see if they had any clamps I could buy. They had the standard "U bolt" style clamps, and a really wide band clamp. The band clamp was the same setup as the FSWERKS clamps, it was just wider and utilized two bigger bolts instead of one. The spacer shown in the picture below I ended up cutting in half so that I could re-use the old clamp with the new bolt and spacers. I put it back on, and got it torqued down enough that it did not move any more. I used a U-bolt clamp to fasten the tips to the rest of the exhaust.
All in all, I'm very pleased with the exhaust. I really wish I would've had better luck with the clamps but I love fixing things, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Oh yeah, I would not recommend this exhaust if you're wanting something quiet or without drone.
And now for the best part. The video:
Please "Like" my post if any of this was helpful or if you enjoyed the video. Also, if you have any questions about the installation feel free to ask!
Have fun and drive safe,