Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Need help with finishing a bare metal surface
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
_fifth_
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72683
What I Drive: oh-sicks Silver ZX4

Points 3,461, Level 36
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 5 _fifth_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Thanks for the help guys! I'm trying to do it all on my own, it seems to be cheaper that way and I'm learning a whole lot that way as well. I guess I will try to roll the bigger dents out from the inside or something and if that doesn't work take it somewhere. I'm not completely set on making it perfect since the final outcome I want the bike to look like is ratty as hell. I still want it to look nice though if that makes sense.

Here's what I have so far, started with a frame that has been passed through multiple people in our local moped gang who have tried to restore it but haven't been able to. I spent a week sanding and bondoing the frame then sanding and primering it and it currently has it's first coat of matte black paint on it, soon to be clear coated.

Here's what I'm going for, although it will be quite different when I'm all done since my frame is hard-tailed with no shocks or swingarms.

And if you're interested, here's my other bike:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miragesmack View Post
Yeah, too many hatches. When the sedans take over, all will be good!