View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #32
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
'One preventable problem does not make an engine unreliable..............If a person knows of a preventable problem and chooses not to prevent it, that is the owners fault, not the engines.'

Someone should at least look up the difference between 'preventable' and 'KNOWN preventable', that difference would include Toyota's throttle by wire problems as well as the Firestone tire fiasco, and also most of the pople here who bought Focus SPI thinking they were getting good cars only to later have them blow up in their faces.

Only someone out to lunch would think anybody would take apart in a major way a known good running engine to fix something in it. Today's world has us expecting the quality to last, not fracture in pieces. I personally would dare it and if it happened then never ever buy that brand of car again.

'The engine has one flaw..............'

'Only 1 flaw, but man is it an expensive one... And It's hard to get motivated to replace the head before it happens.'

'I feel ya on that. The same reason I never did mine...........'

SPI guys right here in this thread, I don't hear reliable there at all...........apparently the preaching is falling on deaf ears.