Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Interior Electrical issue - Driver-side Door intermittent Power to Window / Lock Controls
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
regisphilbin
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101005
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 regisphilbin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Interior Electrical issue - Driver-side Door intermittent Power to Window / Lock Controls

Within the last week, I've come across an electrical issue while trying to roll down my windows. Power to the driver side door seems to be fluctuating between ON and OFF every 3-4 seconds. I can tell when it's powered by the illuminated switches. When it's on, power obviously works to the windows, when the switch lights go off, then power to the driver side window freezes in place. I would then have to wait until the switch light turns on again and press the window switch to resume movement (until the power cuts out again within 3 seconds).

I posted a video on youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_IFCtlnaVo

When the switch lights go off, the window switch to the passenger-side window still works. That would lead me to believe the switch lights and the driver-side window motor are using the same power circuit and that there might be a loose connection somewhere. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?