Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Is this really normal?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #40
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by powermax View Post
I was having issues with my 1st 2012 focus My dealer offered me to buy the car back for the price I paid for if I got another focus. I got another brand new one better equipped paid close to 1k difference and I'm extremely happy. But in my case the car had lower mileage than yours 3000km (1900miles) and after 6 visits to the dealer with no solution.
There is a thread about my story : http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304642
Give the Dealer a chance to fix your car and keep as much documentation as you can. Most likely they will offer you a loaner and will try to solve your problems.

Best of luck

Of course I hope the issue can just be fixed but I always like to have some sort of backup plan for things and a buyback is that plan. I don't mind taking it to the dealer but I have to drive an hour to get to the one that offers a loaner because the other one only offers a shitty shuttle service that only travels 7 miles from the dealership plus they are some of the rudest people I have met. Very unprofessional for the amount of business they get. I guess when you are the only Ford dealer in that area you don't have to try hard. I read your thread and its really ironic because I have a terrible dash rattle as well . The Focus has the potential to be a great car! Mine is just not an example of that right now but hopefully some resolution will take place. If my dealer eventually offers a swap out because of not being able to fix that I will take that ! But if I have to go through the entire lemon law process I will definitely not be going with Ford at all just because of them making me do that. Ugh why can't Apple just make the iCar sine I know that would work right and be great.