Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Post your mod pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #1215
thejordan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107706
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 3 thejordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpando1 View Post
I am definitely interested! I do think I could do something like that on my own even if I were to mess up a little...I always prefer to do it myself. Thanks man for the review of this. I was reading and it said for the entire life of the car it would be on there?
You need to give it a nice polishing before applying because you're locking in the paint for those 2 years. The sealant has only 2 years of effectiveness, not forever, but if you keep reapplying, it'll keep your car looking new for much longer.

Just make sure you apply thin even coatings, you don't want to see any lines of sealant otherwise they may show up after buffing. As a novice, I'd do one panel at a time. Apply and then buff off after 5 minutes, then move on to the next panel. Less is more.

Preparing the paint is just as critical as applying the sealant. I recommend doing a wash, claybar, alcohol bath, polish, alcohol bath again, then sealant. If you need any help feel free to PM me. I always prefer doing things myself and saving money, so good luck.