Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Preping for New Clutch for SVT
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #8
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 133,935, Level 100
Points: 133,935, Level: 100 Points: 133,935, Level: 100 Points: 133,935, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 48 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLOW View Post
Subd... @115k with original clutch... Might need this info in the near future

Also imo, stay away from luk, i believe its what it has from the fact. I snapped a luk dmfw in a new car after just 5k... Id go with something else, thats just me

They fixed the problem and that was a recall on the early models due to the clutch not being big enough or something like that. In the early days of the forum there were countless threads on people who couldn't even get a clutch for the SVT under warranty due to the problem while the manufacturer was fixing it, which they did and now we new and improved version which works great. There are countless members on here with factory clutches now with no problems what so ever and even have 140k mi + on some of them.

To the OP, I dunno where you looking to buy all the pieces separately but I have no idea where you can beat the 300 and something bucks shipped for the whole kit, I've looked and this is hands down the best deal and cheapest. Aftermarket clutches are going to be easily twice has much cause you will need to get a flywheel with one. I haven't heard of anyone reusing the stock flywheel with a aftermarket before. Most of the time they get rid of the heavy stock flywheel. HERE is a clutch review thread that was started back in 05' it may help you decide on what to get?

HERE are more of our sticky threads on the SVT for you to look through, lots of good info in them

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat