Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - adding power...
Thread: adding power...
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #4
xy0s08
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65298
What I Drive: 00 ZX3 Kona, 00 ZX3, 04 SVTF

FF Reputation: 7 xy0s08 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewts86 View Post
Actually wiring is NOT identical. Cars that weren't wired from factory are going to need a wiring harness transplanted from a car that was wired for it, or a brand new wiring harness. Pick through the junkyards, you're more than likely to be able to find a car to pull from. I started the whole process, pulling the power window wiring, motors & switches and the power lock mechanism and switches and all the interior door wiring. Once I got all that I realized that I'd need the new harness, which is the next part of my quest. The car I pulled all the parts from was scrapped when I went back to get the harness. Also be sure to grab the GEM module if you want to add a wireless keyfob in the future. If you're going so far as to pull the wiring harness, it's not that much extra work. Wiring harness sucks to pull in these cars btw. It will take you a little while. The donor car is good practice because you won't have to worry so much about ripping it up or damaging it. I just took a razor blade to the carpet when I needed things.
So when you did this where was the GEM module at and what else is attached the the harness? That I need to be aware of? And I am guessing that the car without all the power had all the bolt holes and everything there to be added just not the actually parts.
MARCH ROTM 2010 Midwest crew #58
9/11 was an inside job! fluoride is poisoning all of you! The Federal Reserve is a private bank that is making fake money and bankrupting America! Open your eyes to what is going on in the US! Infowars.com