RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz493 View Post
I find it interesting that the focus won every single category, and was cheaper, and yet the subaru still won. Damned if you do Damned if you dont lol
Part of it is an age thing and the ST was a bit more of a frantic drive vs the Subi which transitioned better in the turns where the Focus was point and shoot and it did get low marks for torque steer and the artificial feel in the steering and the sync crashed 3x during testing and that all does factor in a review but the performance numbers are impressive from the Focus. The BRZ simply felt more connected to the driver and this sentiment has been echoed in other car rags but also those same car rags have been saying the same "best fwd ever" comments.
Give the BRZ an STI treatment with 50 more ponies and those numbers would switch around but for now the ST is raising alot of eyebrows. The BRZ's seats are just there for insurance purposes ala the last gen Supras.

I personally would like to see a head to head with an Integra Type R which was also considered the best fwd at that time and haven't heard of a challenge til the reviews of the ST came out. The Integra is about 600+lbs lighter but 57 less ponies and no electronic nannies so it would be an interesting comparison.