CDNFocusFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99542
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CDNFocusFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadworthy View Post
I feel your pain. I've gone through replacing the block heater not once, but twice already :S

And yes, first time the dealership didn't have it so I had to drive it across town the next day to drop it off. Second time, different dealership, I talked to the parts department in the morning to confirm they might have one and nope. Had to leave it over night for the next 3, yes 3 days for them to complete it.

Otherwise car is running great :P
Wow twice eh? That's a pain for sure! I'm hoping it's a one time thing.

I can't drive to a different dealership, (the closest other one is 2 hours away) so I'm still just waiting. Luckily the temperature is supposed to increase over the weekend. I'm still waiting to hear from the dealer if they've even received it.

3 days to replace a block heater!? Is it a really difficult install on this car? I would definitely need a loaner if it took that long. I've been getting by bumming rides and using my company truck for the past few days with it not starting in -40. I can't keep that up for another week though.

Otherwise I have few complaints with my car, just odd squeaks and rattles that I will get fixed when it's not so cold, and my paint chipping from the tail light, again waiting till it's not -40 and covered in ice. I'm happy with my car just upset that this happened.