Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Had anyone been through a Lemon Law case?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #7
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
Thanks for the BBB link! Quick question do you happen to know how the whole process works? I know you drive an Escape, so you probably haven't had to think about it.

Edit : Well I suck! I just put two and two together and realized that Ford bought your Focus back. At least I think it was your thread
Yes, my Focus was bought back about 8 months ago. The Escape was the replacement. I didn't have to go through the lemon law process, but knew about this if I needed to. The dealer stepped up and took care of getting Ford to buy it back.

The Escape, since built off the Focus chassis, has some of the inherent issues or traits, and is also a first year vehicle. Then commanilities to other Fords such as MFT. Unfortuantly it is now in the shop for many niggling issues and I am disappointed in how Ford has faltered me the last few years, after owning many of them with almost no warranty claims.

At least I don't have to deal with the Powershift clutch shudder and slipping anymore!