Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Chevy Cruze Diesel on the way....
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #18
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swansong View Post
The Ecoboost F150 is a prime example of Ford being a proactive company. No other truck has a twin-turbo V6. They started the whole big-truck/big-power/good-mpg trend with it, and no other truck maker can match that combo yet. Sure the V6 Ram gets 25 mpg hwy, but it doesn't have the power that the Ecoboost does.

In fact, I see Ford's Ecoboostization of the product line as very proactive, escpecially for an American automaker. Ford is also trying to change the idea that small car =/= cheap car, in terms of quality, which is clearly evident by the Mk3 Focus. The other automakers are following Ford's lead IMO.
^ Exactly! (rep to you) Not to biased, but, Ford has been setting the trend in quite a few segments the last few years, and not just trucks. I only started the thread since Ford has been quite pro active (NOT reactive), and since the Cruz (and the new Mazda6 and 3) will be available in NA with turbo diesel engines, would Ford "react" at all and federalize thier TDCI model Focus for sale over here now.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)