View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #96567
06_infrared_zx4
Teddy_Ruxbin

Fan#: 91369
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 4 06_infrared_zx4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Klod - Porsche is a 1984 924 4 cylinder 5 speed, non turbo. Body is in great shape, will need paint and some updated interior bits. Has a camel/light brown leather interior that will be removed for recaro seats. Trying to decide on welding the removable sunroof in place for rigidity or just leaving it functional. It will be getting a full cage either way.

Original plan was to do a VR6 turbo swap because that bolts to the trans. That requires much money. The motor previously pictured is at work. Unsure if they would sell it to me or not, probably not. With swap of the inline six would also need new trans and driveshaft. Much fabrication. Was planning on swapping the rear-end out and putting in an updated LSD.

Suspension I am totally lost on what direction to go there. I want car for track days and auto-x. So staggered set-up and wide wheels are necessary.

Lots of work to be done but now that my parents house has a fully functional lift, it should go quickly once the funds are in order.

Edit: mornings all. Lisa and I are going to frankenmuth today for snowfest. And dontcha know it, its snowing.