Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Oh how I missed her..
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #16
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 10722
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 16 focuzed1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
When I tested a car with the fitch inline part they claimed a higher octane with an increase in HP and TQ

On the dyno the car had about .8 to 1.2 deg knock before and after the install and made less then 1.5 HP gain which could of been from anything , showed me there was no octane increase and shown no gains in over performance in HP or TQ

Tom
When they tested it on an ls1 it produced more hp on 89 octane than the motor did with out it on 91 octane. they said that it picked up an average of 17 hp. Also the Air force uses it on all of their vehicles on the flight line. So Im not sure but Thats got to mean something.

Quote:
what was your concern with the head?
Well i went and picked up a used head hoping it would last me until i got my head rebuilt. Or at least for a little while. Well when i got the other head cleaned up I noticed some small dents/dings on one of the cylinder sections of the head (no damage to the valves so i didnt think that was gonna be a problem) Then after i got the head installed and i went to install the spark plugs. on cylinder #1 the spark plug sat lower than all the others. So i checked to make sure it didnt hit or anything and snugged it down (it was more difficult to snug down as well) I had a feeling that at some point that spark plug hole had been repaired. So my concern with it was that it wasnt going to hold boost. and I was right. so im going to take the head off again and take it back and just fix my head like i should have to begin with.