Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - anyone using premium gas ?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #23
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slbenz View Post
Haven't tried using premium in my new SEL hatchback but I do know it made a difference in the 2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon that my SEL hatchback replaced. In the Saab, it was shown in third-party testing that running premium gave 11% better gas mileage and horsepower over regular. That I can agree with. I saw my gas mileage drop approximately 2-3 mpg as an average using regular vs. premium. And in the Saab, I would experience engine knock under acceleration with regular gas and none with premium gas.

I would be curious to if anyone who is currently using premium in their Focus what their increase in gas mileage is and would it justify spending the extra money for it.
I don't have any numbers yet, but so far I felt a definate power/performance increase! So I can only assume it helps the gas mileage. And judging by what people what claimed so far about using premium, yes, it is worth spending the extra money, if not common sense.