Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - First drive in the snow
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainest View Post
You will notice a marked difference between all-season tires, and winter tires which are designed and constructed for winter temperatures as well as snow and ice. Your traction control and ABS will be activated half as often with winter tires, as with all-season tires.
In a mid Atlantic climate, it may be difficult to rationalize spending $500 for one or two snow events, although winter tires have materials designed for temperatures below 45F. In Montana, I'd it should be well worth your investment. Good luck.
You are 100% correct in all u say in ur post. Ive always
had snows and attest to their superior winter performance. With my new focus
However ive opted to not get snows (im running DWS Contis) as i rarely need to drive during a snow event and in my region, even during 2 foot plus storms the roads are always plowed, salted and passable even during the height of a storm ---here in sno country we have great sno removal svcs- 15 miles away in quebec snows are mandatory for cars registered there even tho they have good sno removal (xcept for isle de montreal-- those who live there can attest to this)
Anyway i digress,,,the poster in montana may have similar or same conditions and not always need snows

Last edited by cobie56; 01-25-2013 at 07:36 AM.