Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - advice & question for those w/ wipers that quit working
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
choate
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103130
What I Drive: 2006 maroon zx4

FF Reputation: 3 choate Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
advice & question for those w/ wipers that quit working

So first of all, hey everybody...I'm kind of new here but I purchased a 2006 ZX4 base 2.0l manual transmission w/ 65k miles back in August of 2012 as a 2nd "driver car".

Everything has been great but a few little minor things I've been able to fix w/out going to a mechanic.

The latest incident might help someone else out so I thought I'd share, then I have a question...

So basically I hit my wipers one day when it was very cold out by accident and they just stopped half way then would not work even when the temp outside got above freezing. After researching, I decided to take the cowl cover and wipers off and low and behold, it was exactly what this forum said it would be. The arm had fallen off and was just laying there. The issue from there was re-attaching. I spent an hour or so trying to figure this out, then had to give up b/c I had to be somewhere. The arm was stuck in a little box like area where the other upper arm attached and would not come out. I thought it somehow attached to the bottom of the upper arm in that little area. What I didn't realize until the next day when my neighbor came out there is when you hit the motor, that arm goes in and out so he had to fish it out of that boxed off area when I hit the wipers from inside the car.

Long story short, the arm attaches to the lower arm and if it's stuck in the "box like" area you have to hit the wipers (depending on if your motor isn't blown) and then fish the arm out of that "hole/box area" to re-attach to the lower arm.

NOW, my problem is how to get it to stay re-attached. I see there is a rubber grommet like thing, but it doesn't snap in there or anything. I have for now duct taped the arm in the proper slot w/ the grommet but how is it actually supposed to stick? Epoxy? Sorry if this isn't clear - I can provide more details or pictures later if needed. Anyone?

Team Duratec #29