Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - First drive in the snow
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
IngotFoFo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108099
What I Drive: 2014 ingot silver sedan SE DCT

Points 358, Level 7
Points: 358, Level: 7 Points: 358, Level: 7 Points: 358, Level: 7
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 IngotFoFo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First drive in the snow

Today was my first time taking the focus out in the snow, we had roughly 4 inches last night so this mornings drive at 5 was def not easy. My commute included driving on country back roads that had not been touched with a plow yet, dual lane highways that had been plowed at one time, but had a good inch of packed snow/ice, to just wet interstates.

I have to say I was very impressed!! I was a little skeptical about leaving the 4x4 250 in the yard and taking the focus, but I think I was far better off with front wheel drive. I could cruise comfortably at 45mph. A couple times I spun on takeoff from stoplights, but traction control kicked in and helped, and also kicked in nicely when I hit a couple patches of ice. The abs also worked great when idiots in front of me decided to slam on brakes. One feature I really liked was the engine brake. It helped me to slow down when going down hills instead of risking hitting the brakes.

All in all I was extremely happy how it handled after being scared about not being able to turn off traction control (s model) but the truth of it is that the traction control worked wonders. I do not believe I would have made it to work without it. sorry about the long post but I just had to share my good driving experience.

Thanks for reading!