Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - AppLink Available on 2013
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #99
ralck
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96372
What I Drive: My sister's car while it is salty

FF Reputation: 1 ralck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb911 View Post
funniest part is when the 2012 was released direct on Fords website showed the commands and the picture of our my ford with being able to change the radio stations and sirius. Also the trial has nothing to do with the normal voice commands but I really wish applink was available since I use sync destinations a lot for work its one of the best around
I actually meant the Sirius trial, not the Sync Services trial, but now that you mention it, I probably won't renew that either. 60 bucks a year sounds incredibly outrageous when the only thing worth paying for is destinations and my phone can give me turn-by-turn through the car speakers and bluetooth.

I keep thinking about this more, and I wonder how hard it would really be to pull some binaries off these APIM modules... I wonder how many different versions of the hardware are really in the field? If a spare APIM module isn't that expensive maybe I can see about getting one to play with...