Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Focus Titanium. NAV or Not
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
F35-JSF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 102775
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black SE, 08' ZZR-600

Points 374, Level 7
Points: 374, Level: 7 Points: 374, Level: 7 Points: 374, Level: 7
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 2 F35-JSF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
That is absurd...downloading the route? What MFT are you using lol it takes all of five seconds and redirects quicker than my galaxy and i love the navi on the galaxy. No signal issues whatsoever where the stupid phone would have signal issues sometimes locking onto gps.

Notice how the only people saying not to get it are the ones WITHOUT it...coming from someone with the nav and who owned also owned an mk3 without because i thou gg t it would be a.waste....the nav is so much better!

Let me clear the air here and say that sync services navigation SUCKS. I can have a poi or destination spoken, searched, or typed in within the span of one minute but that retarded sync services takes forever and 60000 menus to go through to Enter a destination.

Botoom line, are you going to buy a 27,000 premium car with a huge mft screen and skip navi? That's like buying a tent and gear but hiking with sandals

If your gonna settle without navi don't waste the money on MFT period...
Not sure if I confused you or not but I was talking using my phone over sync. I don't use the sync services for navi (downloading the route, etc). It's a waste of time when you have a phone that does the same thing better.

That said I do like the MFT better than using my phone, less clutter of positioning a phone and looking at a small screen, the navi works really well with voice control and I like the added information from points of interest, (landmarks, gas prices, atm locations, etc).
:lol:Modding is whatever you define it as. Some people wanna boost, some people need 10 TVs, and some of these homos feel compelled to LED their cars front to back.