Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Focus - Aftermarket Stereo possibilities.
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #251
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58905
What I Drive: 2012 Ox White SE Sports Pack Hatch

FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Okay so here is the short of it.

I installed the unit last night. It powered up just fine. And the screen functioned as it should and worked well. The sound played through my speakers. But the radio Reception was really really poor. I attribute that likely to the fact that there was only one of the two antenna connectors connected, because the unit only came with one connection plug and not two. This bothered me but would not have been the straw that broke the camels back. Having the original iPhone connector only, really bothered me as well but also wasn't the straw that broke the camels back either. The last straw was the fact that no matter what I tried I could not get the steering wheel controls to work. The system has a learning feature where you select the button and then press the button on the wheel for it to learn which button is which. However as I tried to make it work by pressing the buttons it would not recognize the wheel. It tells you to hold down the button for a long period of time which I tried, to no avail. Long story short, I'm sending the unit back. I think that for the money I spent($410), it Wasn't worth it. I think I will wait until a different unit comes out before I purchase a new one. Until then I purchased a LOC so I can hook up my subwoofers.

I think I will throw in the towel for any of these Chinese units until someone in United States successfully tests the unit and gives it a good thumbs-up. And I mean someone that specifically has the SE tech package like I do(203A).

I'm sure something new will come out later this year that I will want to try but until then I will wait.

@cgrums I really hope it works out for you man! It just didn't for me. I hope the steering wheel controls function on your car. And I hope all the connections are proper for you. We have different systems, you have the my ford touch. So I'm hopeful that the different systems will work better for you than they did for me. I am anxious to see here if it works for you. I also want to know if It has two antenna hook ups. Good luck bud.