View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #15
WhySsoSseriouss
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108036
What I Drive: 2005 Gold ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 WhySsoSseriouss Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I took it by a mechanics place and he popped the hood and kinda humped my car and the engine swayed and he said that he would start by replacing all 3 motor mounts and the tranny mounts. When priced he said for all OEM Ford parts it'd be 262$ and change then around another 200$ for labor. So looking at over 400$ for a MAYBE fix just hasn't settled very well with me and no one has seemed to be able to give me a solid answer on identifying the issue.

@Tmittelstaedt Drowning out the sound of the vibration doesn't really bother me it's the feeling of it and the sound of other shit rattling. Like the glasses in the glass case on the roof or bottled water in the door cup holders. Or the fact that when looking into the rear view mirror the cars behind me have big rectangular headlights instead of 2 circles.

@Whynothink & Amc I've just started to do my own work on cars. I never grew up around it so I tried teaching myself alot of stuff I did to my Honda. So i'm not all that well acquainted with how to do some stuff. But i'll see if I can't find any videos and go about trying to inspect the mounts myself and take pictures and head back here to see if anything can be decided.

Thank you everyone