Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Weather Stripping Issues
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Weather Stripping Issues

Problem: I have noticed that I am getting a LOT of wind noise while driving 55+ mph in my car lately. I know the culprit is the weather stripping because when I pull on the door handle the noise stops almost entirely. The weather lately hasn't been too kind and I think the high temp for the week was about 7* above zero so there is almost no moisture in the air.

Possible Solution:I am thinking if I use Sil Glyde or 303 Products Aerospace Protectant it might give me a better seal and help expand the weather stripping because of the added moisture but I really don't know. Is the weather stripping on the MK2 junk or should I try one of the products I listed above?

If there is no hope: Lets say the weather stripping on the MK2's is junk and nothing will stop the wind from howling, are there any options for a better aftermarket weather stripping for our cars?

Sorry in advance if this is a REpost, I remember seeing something about this in a different thread but I couldn't seem to find it using the search tool.

Thanks for all the help folks!