TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubhack View Post
So you fault a system that wants to get you to an exact location instead of choosing for you where you want to go?

How often does someone really use "destination intersection" as a point? I go where I want to go, "destination POI" or "destination street address."

The system works awesome.
Maybe I wasn't clear - it's the fact that it lacks (seemingly) obvious logic that I'm faulting. I'm fine with it confirming that it picked the correct, exact location. But the problem is that it brings up a list of cross-streets and intersections that don't even exist.

In the example above, High and 3rd, there is only one point where they cross, and it's only W 3rd and N High. (That may not be accurate, as it's just an example I made up, but that's not the point here). A smart system, like Google Maps, realizes this and deduces that's the only option if I ask for 3rd and High. MFT, on the other hand, pops up a list, and if I pick the wrong one then tells me it doesn't exist, and then the cycle repeats until I finally pick the right combination.

As for "Destination Intersection" usage... I actually use it semi-frequently. Often I know where I'm going and just want to use Nav to get close to that point from wherever I currently am.

And in terms of POIs, that's a clusterfuffle as well sometimes. I ask for one, it tells me to choose from a list, and then never displays the list... all while Sync Lady is getting increasingly insistent that I choose one of the options (that aren't visible).

Perhaps it's been improved in v3.5.1 (I just upgraded today) but the performance to date has been, shall we say, less than robust.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6