jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
The integration is great, in that it works with any audio source (spoken directions, as opposed to having to have BT audio active) and the directions appear on-screen.

That said, the voice commands are absolutely dreadful in terms of being quick to enter most anything. For example...

MFT

Me: "Destination Intersection"

MFT: "First Street"

Me: "3rd Avenue"

MFT: "Please Choose"
[list of W 3rd Ave, E 3rd Ave, 3rd Ave without a direction, etc. appear on screen]

Me: "W 3rd Avenue" (and that's assuming I know which one it is - usually, I don't)

MFT: "Second Street"

Me: "High Street"

MFT: "Please Choose"
[list of N High St, S High St, High St without a direction, etc. appear on screen]

Me: "N High Street"

MFT: "When Ready, Press Set As Destination..."

^ Remember that this is the best-case scenario!

If that doesn't make you want to drive the car into the wall, I don't know what will. Contrast that with...

Google Maps

Me: "Map of 3rd Avenue and High Street, Columbus, Ohio."

^ That's it. And it finds it. The end.

I've resorted to using Google Maps on my phone, coupled with this app, to send complicated directions to the car via Sync Services. It's not a perfect solution, but it's faster than fighting with the system.
So you fault a system that wants to get you to an exact location instead of choosing for you where you want to go?

How often does someone really use "destination intersection" as a point? I go where I want to go, "destination POI" or "destination street address."

The system works awesome.

<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner