Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #1860
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
I've noticed the sound in conjunction with brake tapping but only when the sound has been preempts any braking action. On days or durations that the sound is completely absent, braking action doesn't reveal anything or cause re occurrence.

I'd be curious to see the breakdown of how many owners experience the sound intermittently ( like me ) vs. all the time, no matter what...

I think the reason for me that the front end noise clunk sounds similar to the tapping of the brake pedal is the fact both Brake and Struts are in direct contact with the firewall. At first I was beginning to wonder if when you load up the brakes that an internal part was rattling (Master cylinder / Brake booster) but after further thought about it. It can't be that. When I had the rattle initially on the right side, the repairs fixed everything completely for approx 10k miles. So if it were anything to do with the brakes I would have continued to hear the rattle.