Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Body color trim?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
For the handles and mirror caps you need to order the primered ones from ford. The quality of painting the ones you have will not be very good at all due to the abs plastic coating. The exterior handles consist of two parts per handle, its the handle and the bezel and you will need both for each handle(8 total pieces).
Ford does not make the handles or mirror caps in any color other than chrome, abs plastic(what you have), and primed and ready to paint.
I paid a local body shop $40 to put them on for me to save me the hassle of getting into the actual door, because it requires more than simply taking off the panel(which I can do easily as I have swapped my speakers several times).

As for painting the grill body color I actually did mine with a rattle can(= I had mixed at the local paint shop and it looks as if I had it professionally done haha. You must sand the chrome down, then prime the grill well, and then paint it with the sterling gray.

It really changes the whole look of the car and I get people checking my car out or saying sweet car all the time now.
If you have any other questions I am happy to help!
Galatians 6:14