Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #1828
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
General update on my Focus

I haven't posted in a while, so thought I'd update my own experiences thus far. 1st off I find it refreshing to see that there are more positive postings on here than when I first started using this site. That tells me that Ford must be trying to keep people happy. I know my dealer is awesome! My last visit there for an oil change, also got a couple of minor nuisances taken care of (rattle in dash panel, and rear bumper, the latter was due to having the bumper cover replaced after a minor accident, so that wasn't a warranty fix, they just did it anyway!)

I now am at 15,000 miles and the DCT is flawless, no shudder, no hesitation, just smooth efficient shifts. I love swapping to "manual mode" and letting the engine wind up, I have shocked quite a few with the acceleration I can pull off. Probably the most impressive one was dusting a fellow in a new Dodge Dart, By the time I hit 4th gear he was a good 4 car lengths behind. He asked me what upgrades I had done, and still doesn't believe me when I said it's all stock.

Back to my dealership, I asked the mechanic how many Focus owners have come in complaining about the DCT, he said about 90%! I shared with him my own experience, and he pretty much said if everyone would try to learn and research as I have, it would probably drop to about 20% or less. I told the salesman I bought mine from that he should suggest a potential buyer to look on this site, and do a little digging before and after buying then maybe they would even be getting higher ratings from the surveys. (They probably won't, but I tried )

Anyway just wanted to say keep on Focus and Happy driving to all!