copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
On my car, a song will skip only when it doesn't start at the correct time and usually after I've listened to over half the song (it usually doesn't skip as early as you guys report). Very rarely, a song will start correctly at :00 and the song will play all the way through without skipping.
Didn't think to pay attention to this since I usually switch to the map screen right away after everything gets up and running. Decide to leave the Ent screen up for the last couple of days just to see. Didn't happen to me. Every time a new a track started, the timer always started correctly at 0:00. That being said, I still got random skips and it was at random times. Sometimes in under 30 sec, sometimes over 5 min into a long track, and everything in between. Some tracks played to completion.

I also got a 100% skip rate on songs that were in progress when I shut down and picked up upon the next start up. I started making a mental note of the time into the song when I shut down so I could check at the next start up. Sometimes the timer would pick up where it left off for a few seconds and then suddenly jump ahead significantly to some seemingly arbitrary time, freeze and no longer increase at this value, and a few seconds later the skip would occur. Sometimes upon start up the timer didn't continue where it left off and was just way ahead (and also frozen and not counting up) and again a few of seconds later the skip. Strange. Eventually I just gave up and went back to Slacker. Doesn't do it with this one at least.

You guys said you didn't see this with 3.0.2 right? I don't remember for sure since I don't use the Ent screen but wasn't the song timer BT added with 3.5.1, not there on 3.0.2 (or 3.2.2)? If so and this didn't start until after the song timer was added, well, just seems a little more than coincidental.