Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - CEL P0171 (BANK 1) help
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
focusSE2002
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108993
What I Drive: 2002 Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 focusSE2002 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
First things first, find your oil switch (that operates the light), remove it, clean it with carb cleaner, and put it back in. Those only come on when there is less than 7 psi of oil pressure. Now it's been my experience that engines don't run long with only 7 psi, so I'm going to take a guess that your switch might be dirty from sitting up and stuck. You can replace it if you want- that's not an expensive part. I'm not 100% sure of it's location on this engine, but typically it's located near the oil filter. If you put it back in or replace it, and still get the light- stop running the engine or it will KO in short order.
I know that light cant be any good and really freaked me out when i saw that, im going to go ahead and look for that sensor, any input on its location would be great if somebody knows where its located, im so bummed out with this car

As far as the CEL, it mentioned bank 1 does that norrow the problem to a specific location?
Btw thanks for the replys everyone really appreciate it