Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - HELP! Engine Surging and Dying at Idle.
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 06:04 AM   #16
Z3T3C
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107116
What I Drive: 2000 SE Zetec with ATX

FF Reputation: 1 Z3T3C Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My ISSUE has been SOLVED!!! In fact, it was a fuel issue as suspected but left it alone, aside from changing the fuel filter. The issue: Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor, which is kind of like an electronic fuel regulator for returnless fuel systems. It took me $5 from a boneyard and 20 minutes to swap out the part and she has been running purrfect going on 2 days. New part would have been ideal, but I wasn't going to drop a $125 on a hypothesis. Gotta appreciate the boneyards.

LOL, I was just looking at my thermostat housing the other day and thinking the same thing... next thing on the list... flush, thermostat, hoses, and fill. BTW the Alternator is all good, my values actually have dropped a whole volt while driving after changing out the fuel rail pressure sensor, which I thought was weird. Although when it's time for the alternator it'll also be a good time to proactively change the cylinder head temp sensor.

Hope this helps anyone that may come across this with the same issue. Thanks again for everyone who offered help, I appreciate it and take care.