Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - St!!!
Thread: St!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #62
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erogers10287 View Post
I don't understand how you are putting these number together in your head. I work in finance (loan manager at a credit union) and I would never make a deal that would cost me that much money. The dealership PAID my loan for the Ti IN FULL. About $21k. I didnt roll a penny over to the new loan. The sticker price on the ST was $29,825. They took $1000 off the MSRP (which they said no dealer is giving any off the MSRP of ST's because they are selling for sticker). Where did I lose money??
Some one generally had to lose money for that to work. Per Edmunds the dealer trade in value for a 2012 Focus Titanium hatch is around 15-16k generally, maybe 18k tops in NY where there were fewer cars sold depending on where you are in the country for a fully loaded car. No dealer in their right mind would pay 21,000 for a car that could only sell for 21-22k assuming there was no need to clean it up or repair it. The black book auction values are even lower than this although I don't have access to those values off hand. That is unless they rolled funds over, which you say they did not.

The lowest price for a loaded ST3 comes from Ford themselves and their employee/ retiree pricing plan (A/Z plan) maybe some dealers won't sell them on this plan, but they are not explicitly excluded unlike the SVT Mustang and Raptor.

People have complained extremely profusely about the drop in value when they try to rush to trade the car in shortly after buying it, which begs the question at that point as to why they would trade the car.

If you've run the numbers and it seems ok then fine, but trust me it doesn't work that way for most people.