Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Moar Hit and Run
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #28
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
My roommate's 1 day old lawn mower was stolen from our garage like 9 months ago (we didn't even have the box out of the garage yet). My neighbor caught them in the act, followed them, got their license plate and we filed a police report. Still no lawn mower.

Lately, I've had the urge to take matters into my own hands if it were to happen again - like bashing in their windshield. They might shoot me, but I feel like bending over and taking it is worse.

EDIT: Then again, in the past year my roommates and I have had a lawn mower, my air compressor, and our 46" TV stolen in addition to my roommate's car being broken into. I guess renter's / home owner's insurance would work... or, you know... moving. But it's not even that bad of an area - for some reason crime seems to thrive in alleyways. I've also considered booby traps.
you definitely need renter's insurance. its usually insanely cheap ~100 bucks a year. Split 3 ways that seems like it would be worth it.

Or move, or buy an AK and sit out on your stoop a lot. I know what you mean about being sick of taking it anymore. Its why when we were kids old timers used to hate us.