Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - HELP! Engine Surging and Dying at Idle.
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #15
Classic6200
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108694
What I Drive: 2000 Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 Classic6200 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The DPFE caused me all types or erratic and intermittant issues. I also had a misfire and ended up changeing out the coil pack with an ACCEL and new 'live wire' plug wires and Bosch plugs. Heat can be a culprit that can change voltages as well as destroy plastic sensors and rubber hoses over time, especially as they get hot. I learned that even if it looked good, I should change it out due to the age of the parts. Along with the PCV valve and hose assembly, I changed both Oxygen sensors and cleaned all the connectors. Total cost was under $150 and now she runs like a stripped ape.

I plan on changeing the thermostate and radiator hoses this spring. My MPG's are around 26-28 pending my lead foot compared to 22-24 before the changes. Hopefully I'm good for another 130K til next problem

Don't forget about vacuum leaks. in my case it was several parts that were causing the problem.

Your misfire code is an electrical system error fault and not fuel related as far as I know. I also thought mine might be fuel related but I am glad I didn't go that route.

Last edited by Classic6200; 01-23-2013 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Added more blah blah blah