Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Shelby Focus ST: Win or Fail?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #93
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It looks good in my opinion but charging $15,000 for brakes, suspension, tires, wheels, exhaust and various heavier faux-carbon doodads, new seat leather and body vinyl is the fail part for me. I know all those parts add up more than a lot of people realize but if you're buying 2000+ wheels and tires for the 500 cars for example you can get pretty good prices when buying them wholesale from suppliers.

Most of the people buying a Shelby Focus ST would be younger people that in the future might like to buy a pricier Shelby car. But these days most of those people really have to stretch their money and they aren't going to stretch it enough to buy a $15,000 glorified ST dress up job on top of a new ST without any of the famous Shelby go power. It seems like they're trying to cash in quick on the Shelby name in the hopes that the car will be seen as some sort of collector's item. Given all that, in my opinion driving one of these things around is going to label the owners as plain tools that don't know cars, don't value hard earned money and are not at all cool people. I pity those fools. On the other hand, Shelby's fail leaves more opportunities for ST tuners that will take the job seriously.