Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - AppLink Available on 2013
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #90
kb911
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91864
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE Hatch 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 kb911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralck View Post
I just logged into syncmyride to check if there was a place to download it for you guys. Under Sync Updates it just seems to give me a browser error even with one in the compatibility list. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to find a download link or anything.

For what it's worth, the version I have in my 2013 is Gen1 V4.1.2.F.

Also, a really dumb question... but what exactly is the point of applink? The music player on my phone already responds to the steering wheel/dash controls. Does applink give me some other functionality?
its more for apps like pandora, i heart radio, sync destinations, etc.
with the music apps it will show the songs and artists while being able to change the station with your voice instead of using the phone. The one thing I would like is the destinations app can be used to set up a route with your saved places instead of through the services menu which i think is a pain in the butt and only understands half of what I say...getting sick of yelling yes three times to acknowledge the city and state. anyways with applink you can use destination to start a route of find out if there is traffic on the way home without out going through extra steps or using your phone and i am all about being hands free