Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - The V6mistake Rides Again!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #24
02ztsian
Focus Addict

Fan#: 14466
What I Drive: V6Mistake, 03 ZX3

Points 2,987, Level 33
Points: 2,987, Level: 33 Points: 2,987, Level: 33 Points: 2,987, Level: 33
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 9 02ztsian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Latest update.
What started out as a simple shift knob change morphed into this...

Tried both flash and no flash.

Here's how things went:
At first I thought I want a new shift knob so I bought a 2005 Mustang GT online for a ridiculous price. And while I was at it I wanted a shorter shifter so it was either cut the old one or install one I had previously cut down that I found in my spare parts bin. However, I couldn't find a 12x1.25mm (or whatever size) die anywhere so it was change shifters.
And since I had the console out I figured I would wire up the 12v adapter in the console. But I wanted a USB charger so I molded one in to the old 12v port on the stereo surround. And I wanted that one power key on and the console one power constand so re-wired them both. And since I had things apart I saw the posts about solid shifter mounts so I installed a set.
And since the console was out I figured what better time to wire in the power/heated seats as well. And now that I see the e-brake handle I want to get the SVT handle and steering wheel to match the rest of the Euro interior. No e-brake handle yet but I did find an SVT steering wheel locally. Well since I was in the column I want to install cruise control since the wheel came with the controls.
So now it's time to troll the Picky Pull for a clock spring and CC module and assorted wiring since I will need CC for the drive to FF13!
Since I am in this far-am I missing anything?