Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - High Idle Saga Continues...
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #8
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,169, Level 97
Points: 27,169, Level: 97 Points: 27,169, Level: 97 Points: 27,169, Level: 97
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Throttle plate adjustment is something not nearly as hard as mentioned. Here's what I do- but only if I know it's out of adjustment. If there is any question, I leave it alone.

I use a pencil with an eraser for this, but you can use a screwdriver- it's just harder to hold still. Back off the adjustment screw until it lifts off because the throttle plate is resting inside the TB. Put the pencil on the throttle plate to sense movement. With the other hand, slowly start screwing the screw down until you feel the throttle plate move. Stop. Start the engine. That should do it. Be very careful adjusting your idle with this screw- that's not what it's for. It's called a throttle plate stop screw, and that's what it's for- to stop the throttle plate so it won't wear out the inside of the TB. Now if this was a carb, then it might be an idle adjustment screw.

Is the car still operating at 130F?

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.