Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Lincoln MKC Concept (Based on the Ford Escape)
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #23
Jdog913

Fan#: 84424
What I Drive: .

FF Reputation: 3 Jdog913 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTFocusOnMe View Post
While I find the new Lincoln attractive, I must add that while ford is doing a wonderful job making better products and increasing their reputation they are doing very little right to save Lincoln. You want to compete with the likes of MB BMW and AUDI they need to make drastic changes. Look at those companies. Do you know what their line ups are compromised of? RWD/AWD Sporty sedans and coupes. Taking fords and slapping different sheet metal and emblems on it WILL NOT compete with the likes of BMW MB and Audi. The best they can do now is compete with Acura and Lexus in the boring rebadged grandparent-mobile class.

The way I look at it is Lincoln has two realistic choices to revitalize the company. Take the mustang platform and make a formidable RWD sports coupe, which they have already said they won't do. Second choice. Take the falcon platform from Australia and make a RWD sports sedan. I also think the falcon should replace the Taurus in the ford lineup but that's another story.

If they can't do a real overhaul of the lineup they should just close shop.
I agree with you but that is not the case. Unfortunately, I think the falcon platform might be replaced by third rendition of the CD platform which is not RWD. It is FWD or AWD (FWD BIAS).

at.ford.com has a lot of good Ford/Lincoln news.