Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Block Heater Question
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #31
CDNFocusFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99542
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CDNFocusFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftmetal View Post
I was working on a house and one of the neighbours couldn't get his new f150 to start so be called the dealer and they sent out two mechanics to get it started and take it to get repaired if needed. Demand they send someone to help get it started if you want or ask for a loaner until its fixed. Besides that I don't know if you can do anything
I didn't think of a loaner, it would be nice to not have to put my car through those brutal cold starts. My main worry is that I tried starting my car in this terrible weather 20-30 times, I guess I just figured the block heater would or was working. I don't want to have damaged my car.

To be fair the dealership was extremely nice, and kept the car indoors for me the whole day, and made sure it was warm when I left. But once I get it home tonight it's back to the same ball game.

I am a bit peeved about the hours I've missed at work though and bumming rides, it's money out of my pocket.