Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Lincoln MKC Concept (Based on the Ford Escape)
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #18
Jdog913

Fan#: 84424
What I Drive: .

FF Reputation: 3 Jdog913 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
I genuinely don't think you know what you're talking about.

Seriously. The only vehicles Lincoln is competing with at its current level are other Ford vehicles. They need to step it up or go home. In my honest opinion, if Ford wanted to keep this path of just building redesigned/luxury version of other Ford vehicles, they killed off the wrong company. Lincoln should have died in 2010 and Mercury should still be here. Mercury namesakes like Sable are much more notable than MKS.

Ford keeps talking about a "Comeback" for Lincoln and they're not coming back if Ford keeps -footing around with "me-too" concepts like this Escape clone.

Also, the Mkz fits a V6 because it is a different platform. Fusion/Mkz is not the topic of discussion.

This concept is built on the Escape which is on the Global C1 platform. We haven't seen a V6 on this platform or even heard of it. If this went into production tomorrow, 1.6 base, 2.0 optional is the most likely combination. It won't matter (as I've previously stated and you've clearly misunderstood) as next generation ecoboost engines are more apt to be on the spec sheet instead.

I would NOT count on seeing a V6 on this platform, ever.
I'm insulted that you would ever say such an ignorant thing.

I could honestly go on about this argument. Tooling, and design costs prohibit Ford to have Lincoln specific vehicles.

I wish I could tell you more but you'll just have to wait for the vehicles release. My bet is the 2.0L Ecoboost base engine with a 2.3L Ecoboost as an option. They'll save the 1.6 for the Escape.

And FYI if you knew what you were talking then you would know that the Fusion and MKZ are build on the same CD4 platform. Actually they are built on the CD4.1 which is also shared with the Mondeo. They're three renditions of CD4 platform.

If you think a Lincoln is re-badged Ford then don't buy a Lincoln I don't know what else to tell you. I'll be the bigger man and end this conversation.