Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Lincoln MKC Concept (Based on the Ford Escape)
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #16
Jdog913

Fan#: 84424
What I Drive: .

FF Reputation: 3 Jdog913 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
First of all, "Competing" is the problem here. Why compete? Give the other companies something to compete with instead of the other way around.

And why wouldn't this concept have the 1.6? My guess is the only engine options would be a 1.6 and 2.0. Its not too important, it will most likely have next generation ecoboost engines anyway; but if they were to start production tomorrow I would put my money on the 1.6 being the standard engine.

Seriously? Lincoln is trying target buyers who would normally buy BMW, Audi, etc to buy/try a new Lincoln. What do you want Ford to have their own segment so that there is no possible competition? Introducing the new Lincoln MKE (Mark Econoline). I'm sure other automotive companies will be chasing that idea. That is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read on this forum. There is always going to be competition.

Are you willing to make a bet? I can almost guarantee that it will not have a 1.6l.

The 2013 MKZ is the same platform as the 2013 Fusion. The Fusion has 2.5 NA, 1.6 Ecoboost and 2.0 Ecoboost. Lincoln never carries over the base Ford engines into their vehicles. The 2013 MKZ has the 2.0 Ecoboost and 3.7 NA V6. Most likely the MKC will have the 2.0l Ecoboost along with another higher end engine such as the 2.3l Ecoboost.