Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Block Heater Question
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #19
CDNFocusFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99542
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CDNFocusFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well update from me: It's -40c here (-49 with the windchill).

I've been leaving the car plugged in overnight. I don't bother with a timer because I've had my 2 extension cords and timers stolen. So I just bought a cheaper cord with a light in it. It's actually so cold that the plastic covering over the cord shattered today when I pulled to unplug it. Once again I'll be off to the shop to buy a new cord.

The temperature gauge is all the way cold and it take 15-20 minutes to reach normal operating temperature.

My suspension is squealing loudly over even small bumps, it's like my tires have dog squeaky toys on them it's insanely loud. I can't identify the squeak's location, but am assuming it's suspension.

Car is at the dealer this morning, I'm almost certain the block heater isn't working since the car wouldn't start this morning. As an added bonus the trunk latch doesn't work in the cold either. It froze in the open position when I popped it to go get my snowbrush.

The first time I plugged in my car when I started it the temp gauge was around 15% after a night outside at -20. Since then it's been all the way cold.

Hopefully the dealer has good news for me. I asked the dealer if I could go for a lower viscosity oil, they said no.