Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ford's letter regarding the "PowerShift 6 Speed Operating Characteristics"
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #29
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul21 View Post
Having worked in the industrial control industry, a lot of onlookers used to say fix it with software. Sometimes a kludge can be done, but it's really hard to fix broken actuators and leaky seals with a software update.

And as far as Ford not working on this, I've had 4 different versions of DCT software installed on my car so far (2011 factory, December 2011, 12B37, and a newer version when I took it in Jan 2013.) Somebody is doing something, I'm just not quite sure what it is. It still hasn't removed the oil from my clutches or fixed my squeaking actuator.
Did you tell the dealer you suspect an oil leak? If you have oil in the bell-housing, they have TSB for that. It includes replacing the seal and the clutches.

As for the letter, my DCT works exactly like the letter describes, and I love it! I have never had the grinding metal sound described by some. Mine just works, it is smooth even at low speeds and in reverse. The only time I have an issue is when I give it conflicting inputs (Like sudden acceleration followed by sudden braking).
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12