Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - To all the Ti to ST converters...
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I sat in an ST2 while visiting my dealer recently. My service manager owns one and personally grabbed the keys to the one parked out front of the dealership and let me sit in it and start it up. I knew better than to test drive it. I think my Ti is zippy. NOt FAST like an ST by any means but zippy and more than overkill for the typical slow drivers we have around here on a daily basis.

I have read that many did not like the Recaro's. It was either you hated em or loved em. Well I agree they don't feel as nice as my Ti seats. Those seem to fit my back perfectly and the Recaro's would dig in a little bit where you felt like you weren't actually flat against the back of the seat. I certainly felt like I could take a corner though and not budge which is probably the intention of such supportive seats like that. I"m sure I could get used to them. The Clutch and the reach of the Stick was Pefect. The throws would be very 2nd nature and not require you to feel like you had to reach forward out of the seat to get to the gears. Just set your elbow down on the arm rest and row through the gears with ease.

WHat appeals to me the most about the ST is the Power, Looks and unique aspect of it. Around here lately there are a million FOFO's on the road.

Last edited by Dysan911; 01-22-2013 at 03:10 PM.