Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - To all the Ti to ST converters...
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

Points 1,958, Level 26
Points: 1,958, Level: 26 Points: 1,958, Level: 26 Points: 1,958, Level: 26
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 3 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Naturally, the power is one of the reasons I love the switch, but it actually wasn't my primary reason for doing it.

What I liked about the Ti and didn't want to give up: Nice looking 18" wheels and tight suspension, and secondarily the dark headlights.

What I wanted rid of: DCT & MFT.

There was no way to downgrade to a loaded SE & still get big wheels. I don't like the shiny 17s they put on the SE. The only way for me to keep the big wheels & upgraded suspension and get away from the MFT was to go with an ST1. A 5-speed Ti would've gotten me halfway there, but there was no point in paying to make the change and only getting 1/2 of what I want. I even caved on my 1st & second color choices (White & Silver) to make the change, so that's how bad I wanted out.

I loved everything else about my Ti, and in fact really miss those seats...but that was a compromise I was willing to make. The ST1 seats are basically the same frame, but the leather looked so much better. But that's something I can fix by throwing money at it later.