Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - The Mid West Boredom Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #2419
euro-bred
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30047
What I Drive: 04 2.3 zx3

Points 1,736, Level 24
Points: 1,736, Level: 24 Points: 1,736, Level: 24 Points: 1,736, Level: 24
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 euro-bred Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
So, as I've posted before, I have this IHI turbo laying around. I got it for free and really want to use it. I'm thinking a turbo build! On my focus? Nah, it's too small for my 2.3 and is only rated for engines up to 1.8l. I'm thinking a geo metro, a 1 liter 3 cylinder engine!

I have owned two metros in the past and I love them. Super easy to work on, parts are cheap, great gas mileage and they do fantastic in the snow. The aren't the coolest looking cars, nor the fastest, but why not make a simi-sleeper? The first metro I bought was $350 and the second was $700 and right now I'm eyeballing one that is about $300. I did a little research and found that the 3 cylinder engine is actually turbo ready... I'm sure it's ready with proper tune and realistic boost. It will be a fun project to play with.

Now, all this is just me in thought with little serious plans, but I have been wanting another metro, so why not boost it? Haha.