Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Help: rough idle, no power under load, exhaust sounds louder and choppier both low and high speeds
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
Eklipse113
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63711
What I Drive: 2009 Black Clearcoat Coupe SES

FF Reputation: 4 Eklipse113 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just took it for a drive and to get some data logging in for probably like 30 min. There's no misfires that I can tell. No spark delay on any of the cylinders. I'm not 100% on which cylinder is which but I set it up to log "spark" on any of 10 different sensor codes and 4 of them had sparks (so no problem there).

However when I got it into a neighborhood to stop and change which codes I was logging, something interesting happened. When you are going maybe 10, 20 miles an hour in a neighborhood and babying the gas pedal, it sometimes starts driving normally. Sounds normal, you can feel the extra power. Give it a little gas and it goes right back to the bogging and choppiness. Could I have a bad tank of fuel? Dirty fuel system or bad injectors?

there was a code for monitoring the IAC valve adjustments but I'm not sure if it tells me anything about the condition of the valve, just showed me its corrections from baseline for extra loads. It looked normal as far as I can tell.

My AFR is all out of whack as well- at WOT it was into the 13 or 14 range, so I didn't go near red line for fear of blowing my engine up. I thought maybe there could be a crack in my header because of this but with it going back to normal sometimes steers me away from that.
Tuned by Focus-Power (Tom)