View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
Carl0s
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108217
What I Drive: 2006 1.6 TDCI

FF Reputation: 1 Carl0s Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well, got the injectors changed. used my BT-OBD to monitor the Commonrail preasure after shutdown, and it went nearly imediatly to ~4bars, so i just released the rest of it from the injector pipes.

The injectors came out nicely when you losened the fixing bolts, and gave it a nice litle spin from the starter.

There was also nice suprise, injector holes 1 and 3 were full of "sealant glue"... *golf clap*

but anyhow, changed the injectors, and the problem stayd the same. Still knocking after 3k rpm... Tho, now it starts up way better, and pulls way better. Also, i think the commonrail preasures have gone up from ~600bar to over 1000bar...

Can anyone tell me for sure, does these injectors require coding?!

So far ive heard:

-All TDCi injectors after -03 need to be coded. Otherwise the car gives out engine error light, goes to limp and wount rev over 3k

-No need to code, just PCM reset

-No need for coding or reset, ecu will learn the new injectors by its own.

Well, gues what... i only changed the injectors, and nope, i got no limp, no engine light, everything works nicely apart the knock... what got me thinking, if these indeed require coding, and someone has previously done somehting to the injectors whitout coding, could that be the issue. Also, could it be that it requires coding, but doesent show it anyway?

And last, tried to eyeball the injectors, and i could not find any "code" from them that would mach the sayd 8 digit description... :/

Like here you can see the 8 digid code: download/file.php?id=2634&mode=view

But mine, new and the old ones has 9 digid code instead... ?